Why is Cybersecurity important for my organisation?
Why is Cybersecurity important for your organisation?
If you haven’t had a cybersecurity incident in your organisation it is very easy to think that the hackers are not interested in your business. Believe us, THEY ARE!
Common misconceptions include.
- It will never happen to us. It is not if but when, you will be attacked. You may have been already.
- We are a small company. Small companies can be easy targets.
- Hackers are not interested in us. Hackers are interested in everyone who can make them money.
- We have been safe/secure so far. How do you know that is the case?
- We train our staff once a year. This is an ever-changing landscape, security evolves daily.
- It costs a lot. It doesn’t have to; small changes can mean big security improvements. All services are per user per month.
- We use Free AV. Free AV is just not as good as the paid solutions. Paid solutions have whole security teams working behind them.
- Our IT company looks after our security. Do they give you monthly reports showing your systems are secure? If not, they may not be.
The statistics are concerning:
Surveys show that 58% of business-related cyberattacks are directed at SMB.
Average cost of a data breach to these businesses: £100,000 and yet, 60% of SMBs lack effective digital protection.