5 Surprising IT Statistics That Could Impact Your Business | Arc Systems
As technology continues to shape the landscape of modern businesses, it’s crucial to be aware of the surprising IT statistics that can significantly impact your organisation. At Arc Systems, we explore these staggering figures and shed light on how they can influence your business operations. Understanding these statistics is vital for making informed decisions, planning for the future, and ensuring your IT team is adequately supported. Let’s delve into these eye-opening numbers:
1 – Email user numbers are up
2 – The number of emails sent/ received has increased daily
3 – The number of cyber threats businesses face has increased drastically by 300%
4 – IT teams don’t have enough time to stay on top of new threats due to system maintenance
5 – An IT System’s downtime can cost a business £5,000 per minute on average.
1. Email User Numbers Are Soaring
2. The Unstoppable Rise of Emails Sent/Received
3. Escalating Cyber Security Threats
The number of cyber threats targeting businesses has skyrocketed, with a 300% increase in hacking and malware fraud attempts from 2015 to 2016, resulting in 4000 daily attacks worldwide. Alarmingly, small businesses have experienced the most substantial surge in attacks, comprising 60% of the UK’s small enterprises facing potential attacks in the next 12 months. Complacency among small business owners regarding their vulnerability is partially to blame for these escalating numbers.
4. IT Department Struggles
Your IT team’s time is precious and primarily dedicated to system maintenance, accounting for 86% of their working hours. This exhaustive effort includes managing support, help desk inquiries, backups, and system maintenance, leaving a mere 14% of their time for innovation and new initiatives. Understanding the workload on your IT team is essential for optimising their efficiency and productivity.
5. The Eye-Opening Cost of Downtime
Embracing Technological Solutions
Arc Systems understands the significance of these statistics and is committed to providing effective solutions to mitigate risks and enhance productivity. By harnessing cutting-edge technologies like hosted and cloud-based services, businesses can experience improved uptime, reduced IT team workload, enhanced security, and access to expert technical support – all at a fraction of the cost of managing services in-house.
Empowering Your Business with Arc Systems
Monitoring IT statistics and understanding their implications empowers your business to stay ahead in today’s technology-driven world. At Arc Systems, we offer comprehensive IT support, cyber security solutions, and cloud services tailored to your business needs. By partnering with us, you can ensure seamless operations, enhanced security, and focus on strategic growth.
Don’t let these surprising IT statistics impact your business negatively. Reach out to Arc Systems today and unlock the potential of modern technology for your organisation. Our team of experts is ready to guide you through the intricacies of IT support, cyber security, and cloud solutions, enabling your business to thrive in today’s competitive landscape.
Contact us today and take your business to new heights with Arc Systems!